Sunday, November 1, 2015

Wanderlust from Winnipeg

I've been lucky enough to be raised traveling, in cars, on planes, on bikes, and on trains, never mind my own two feet. However, Winnipeg has always been home. I'm one of those people who've really come to appreciate my city over the years, I really do love it here despite the harsh winters, sweaty summers, and limited range of activity. I love the art scene, I love the minimal degree of separation between people, I even love the obscene amount of gray in the buildings. I love my University, and at some point I do really plan on finishing my degree (BA in Religion, in case you're curious).

But I need out. I need more time to explore every corner of this wonderful crazy planet we live in. School isn't a rush for me, I'm only finishing it to open up my travel opportunities teaching English long term.

The game plan was to run away to Spain for September 2016, but life has been messy and crazy and I'm not so into finishing another semester here if I can at all avoid it. So I'm beginning my dive through Workaway.info (a wonderful search engine for accommodations and food in exchange for working 20-30ish hours a week), and maybe I'll dig up something for January instead, hopefully. The universe sends us exactly what we need from it.

Cheers,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...