Monday, January 25, 2016

2 Weeks in Huelo Lookout !

Holy crap, I cannot believe I have already spent 2 weeks living in a tent in Maui. Life is crazy, and I am for sure still in a state of shock. This workaway has been a really great experience so far, though less farming and more renovation projects than I expected to be doing. All is well though, and I've really had fun blasting country music while painting a rental property out here.

I've been working 5 days a week, usually 9-330 with a half hour lunch break at 1230, as this is the standard "Land" shift (this are the property cleaning and renovation shifts I'm more into), but there are also day or afternoon shifts available at the fruit stand we run, making smoothies and crepes as well as selling fruit. Reno work is much more my thing as I have to talk to fewer tourists and can be a lot more physically engaged with the land itself.

my tent in "the mansion"
I would have heaps more photos, but alas, yesterday I lost my iPhone while hitchhiking. So. Those are lost to the struggle of life. Backup phone on the way from home soon, with an international sim card which may or may not prove to be an awesome investment. Planning on spending a pretty limited time in Canada over the foreseeable future so probably one of my better plans. Anywho, that's my mini update for the moment.



Cheers,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...