Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Day 37: Wanderlust got me hard and hasn't let go.

I love traveling. I've grown up traveling. I've never had the inclination to not take any random opportunity presented to me to travel. Being in Maui is a prime example of that love. But man does the wanderlust have me sucked in right now, even as I'm in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

The original game plan was to be "home" in Winnipeg for summer, work, take a summer class or two or three. Standard student stuff. But oh man. I want to be everywhere. Winnipeg is becoming less and less likely, and my eyes are drifting towards Toronto and Vancouver. Last summer I was planning a bike tour out to Ottawa before a nasty injury and a lot of physio therapy, and for some reason the idea of biking fully across Canada on the Trans Canada Trail is really settling in again. Probably not a realistic goal for this summer but still. It's there. Growing in the back of my mind.

The other looming potential travel plan is New Zealand and/or Australia for 1-3 years doing the whole working holiday thing that's so very popular out there. Unfortunately they don't hand out that visa to people with basically empty bank accounts. The struggle is real.

Toronto or the GTA at least seems like a reasonable summer, I can always stick around Ontario for a while, maybe branch down into Quebec in the fall with some time to practice my french.

Where do you think I'll end up living next, suggestions? Staying in Canada for at least 6 months to work and actually make some money so towns up here would be wonderful.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...