Saturday, February 13, 2016

Day 34: Spinning yarns and omnomnoming

tiny lizard friend I made this morning
 Today was another blissful day off to enjoy living in paradise. I decided against adventuring, mainly because I felt lazy, and also crafty as all hell. My inner housewife is still lacking the love earned from feeding the ravenous masses I called roomies and neighbours in Winnipeg (love you all). I breakfasted on some super simple but delicious french toast and devoured the majority of a coconut toasted in the same pan. My belly is happy.

Cinnamon Raisin Toast made into french toast with fresh coconut (also toasted). I like toast.
Next step: Crafternoon. Finally pulled my test yarn out of it's several day solar dye bath in old moldy Spriulina/water/vinegar solution! Also harvested some more cotton, carded and spun for literally 4 hours with time flying by.
Who knew Spirulina dyed so pretty?!
I cannot get over the wonderful shade of teal the cotton changed into, and the unevenness and multi-dimension to the color is basically making me fall over from sheer joy. #dying. Next step, trying to get a pink with avacodo pits and skins. The internet told me it was a thing. Also basket making.


Cheers,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...