Wednesday, March 2, 2016

March Reading List - What's on my Kobo!

Hey internet friends!

As you may have guess by my affinity for writing, I am a self proclaimed book worm. Always have been, always will be. I was the kid who got in shit for hiding a flashlight under her blankets so she could stay up past her bedtime reading Harry Potter. As an adult, I am comfortable admitting that I have done the exact same thing in an even more spectacular blanket fort, and had to blame myself in the morning when I was exhausted and did not make it to class. Sorry Mom and Dad.

Any who, my questionable life choices and overall nerdiness aside, I've been working on this 100 books a year challenge I set myself on GoodReads (which is proving to indeed be a challenge). I have this crazy notion that posting a monthly reading list may just a) inspire some people to download a book or two and b) maybe hold me a little bit accountable to doing something other than Pinteresting in my free time



MARCH

Already in progress

1)The Subtle Knife: His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
I tackled The Golden Compass in Feb, I want to actually get through the entire trilogy and enjoy the scathing commentary on Catholicism before I get back into a Catholic Studies classroom in the fall.

2) Yes Please by Amy Poehler
So I kept seeing book lists that say every woman should read this book and being about halfway through I completely agree. Amy Poehler is a wonderful writer and goddess and if she ever happens to read this I hope she decides that we would be good friends and that I am a helpless 20-something year old in need of a mentor who I also live with.

Starting soon! For realsies!

1) The Amber Spyglass: His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
I will finish this trilogy and I will do it soon.

2) Bossypants by Tina Fey
Another amazing woman who is totally welcome to adopt me should she ever feel the need. Teach me your golden ways.

3) Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us by Seth Godin
I've been told that finding my tribe is the key to a solid blog, and that seems to stem from this book. I feel like I could have a pretty rad tribe. Matching tshirts will be essential.

4) A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail by Bill Bryson
I read Wild by Cheryll Strayed and it was fucking fantastic. More books about distance hiking and more incentive to plan a quest on the Trans Canada Trail, though bikes are my preference for speed factor (sorry Mom and Dad, I know how you feel about this idea).

I think that's enough of a list to not be super overwhelmed by, yet also keep me out of trouble.

What are you reading this month? Tell me in the comments so I can add it to my list!

Cheers,







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...