Sunday, February 28, 2016

Day 49: Chasing Waterfalls and No Money March !

Oh so many wonderous life updates! Where to begin? Firstly I suppose, Maui continues to be great. This island has continued to fill me with positive thoughts and good vibes only. Secondly, I've officially got a summer job in Victoria, British Columbia, so my return to Winnipeg will be wonderfully short lived, at least until September when I go back to champ out another semester at good ole UofM. Thirdly, and I promise I will expand on this, I've declared March a no spending month or "no money March", and will be endeavoring to literally not spend any cash while saving all my tips and side business money, since my food and lodging are covered, it's the most opportune time I can think of.

sunset on the beach
First off, I am consistently in awe of the beauty that is all of Maui. I admittedly spend most of my time off the beaten path given that I have no car and live in the middle of the jungle, but ermagawd. Everything is pretty.
random stream/waterfall/pool off of the Hana Hwy
Seriously, if I didn't remind myself off all the pretty places in Canada I would seriously be considering burning my passport and becoming a beach hobo. I also really like the internet so beach hobo might not be the perfect lifestyle for me. A girl can dream.

The decision to move to Victoria for the summer came from literally online polling my Facebook friends on Vancouver vs Toronto and then being told Victoria is the land of the hippies. Never been but that's enough of an incentive for me to test it out and a potential Canadian home base a few years down the line. 

coconuts are literally everywhere and fair game. eat them all!
Lastly, No Money March. So working out here, all my food and lodging expenses are covered. I make tips from work, which average to around $30 US a week, and I'm going to start selling friendship bracelets on the beach for some extra cash. Mostly, this money hides in a very sneaky location inside of my tent, the rest of it goes to me buying postcards, souvenirs, and booze. However, I've recently come across the idea of doing a month free of spending money on Pinterest (aside from a tiny budget for essentials) and thought, hey, I literally have all of my essentials covered, I should challenge myself to not spend any money on shit I do not need for an entire month. So that's the plan. Feel free to join me and get your spending habits under control (I'm looking at you my online shopping addicts club).

Anywho, that's my life lately. It's pretty freakin great if I do say so myself. Build yours to be equally lovely in your own eyes and tell me how you're doing it!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...