Monday, November 16, 2015

4 Ways to Make Money (Legally!) While Abroad



1) Blog
I couldn't write one of these posts as an ever traveling woman who blogs both for business and to keep family and friends updated on where I am at any given moment (many still think I'm crazy and will end up living the plot of "Taken"). That being said, new bloggers don't make much. Take some time, build something pretty, throw a couple ads on, and create good content. I'm a firm believer in journaling being good for the soul, and while I maintain my own more personal thoughts on paper, keeping an interesting record of things online as well is a great way to look back on your thoughts. You can read a million wonderfully written articles online about SEO, blogger vs wordpress, and how to use basic HTML. For reference, at the time I'm writing this, I use blogger because it's simple and free, though buying your domain name through a service like GoDaddy will usually run you under 20 bucks a year and looks a lot more professional in my opinion.



2) Teach English
This has become a massive industry that is fantastic for determined life long travelers. Personally I'll be doing my certification next summer when I'm back in my home city tackling a bunch of education and sticking around for a few months. Some countries require a degree but others do not. Pay at the very least usually covers a middle class standard of living, though some countries like South Korea can become quite lucrative with perks like your flights and accommodation included with salary so if you're content to stay in one country for a while you can really build up that travel fund!

3) Sell Photos Online
If you're anything like me, when you're on vacation, you tend to take a bunch of epic photos not only of yourself and companions, but of the scenery and interesting landmarks as well. Sites like Shutterstock will pay for your photographs, so you can create a nice little passive income stream from all the great shots you get!

4) Working Holiday Visas
Many counties offer working holiday visas for people ages 18-30/35, which allow you to legally work and reside in a country, usually for a period of one year. Whether you want to stay in your current field, bar tend, or find a completely random position is up to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...