Thursday, March 3, 2016

Finding Your Mantra

I am a firm believer in having a simple, repeatable phrase which governs all of the decisions made in one's life. I find it to be incredibly grounding and self assuring in those moments when we inevitably find ourselves making more difficult decisions, or facing self doubt.


My mantra for the last few years has been "make pretty things". Corny, I know, but let me expand.

"make pretty things" is a constant reminder that when I'm stressed out, I should probably pick up my yarn, or make some jewelry, or spin some fiber, and release whatever tension I am carrying into something positive and lovely that will either bring me or another person joy.

"make pretty things" is a reminder that all the energy I bring into the universe should be beautiful and positive and bettering to those around me.

"make pretty things" is also a statement that if the world is being gross and terrible and filled with ugliness and cruelty, it is my responsibility to attempt to make it prettier.

See how many things I can pull out of one simple mantra?

Find one that makes sense to you, and say it out loud literally every day when you wake up, every time you are stressed out, and every time you feel like you need a little reminder of what makes you so wonderful and uniquely glorious.

I highly recommend meditating and burning a little sage for clarity while searching for your own mantra, but if you need some suggestions, here's a few to test run:

- " I am enough"

- "I choose love"

- "I create/design my own life"

- "The universe sends me everything I need in any moment"

Do you already have a mantra? Is is ridiculously awesome? Share it in the comments!

Cheers,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...